1. “In situations when danger is a possibility… anxiety prevails over positivity”
2. “When we’re anxious, we serve the same function as canaries in a mine shaft; we’re sentinels, helping other people by reacting quickly and vocally to early potential signs of danger.”
3. “In not avoiding negative emotions, we gain emotional agility, and the ability to use the full palette of emotional experiences.”
4. “Negative emotions give us more courage, regulate our behavior, keep us alert to our surroundings, and recharge our creative energies.”
5. You have the ability to abandon the notion of labeling emotions as exclusively positive or negative, and can instead target what is healthy or unhealthy in a situation.
Understanding these concepts helps us to realize not only why anxiety is so common (it’s a natural human condition), but they can also help us to shed the guilt that we carry about having a mental disorder.
Remember when you heard about Einstein being labeled as having a mental disorder, (autism), and being held back in school because of his learning disabilities? Now his name is literally synonymous for someone who’s a genius? It’s because he saw things so differently that he was able to reconstruct and rehabilitate our ideas about fundamental concepts like physics and time. Use your mental disorder to your advantage through creative thinking, like ol’ Einstein did!
A lot of successful geniuses really figured out how to harness and channel their mental disorders like anxiety into creativity. But how? How exactly did they channel their anxiety into innovative, creative thinking? There must be a step-by-step process! No, not for them – they had to learn the hard way through trial and error, but it doesn’t have to be as difficult for you.
There’s an Evergray eCourse that’s now floating around in the universe called ‘Channeling Your Anxiety into Creativity’. (Yay!) It’s sizable and interactive, but I made a free, mini email course version of it covering the same concepts so that everyone can get in on the action, or just taste it before they go all in. (That means you!)
These concepts include explaining the theory behind channeling anxiety, giving you the knowledge base necessary to start channeling, and explaining exactly how you’ll channel anxiety – all while doling out some refreshing tidbits along the way.